Thomas has been a member of the Jacobson and Johnson law firm since 2000 and practices in the area of intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, and patent prosecution. Thomas provides strategic client counseling in the start-up, development, and management of client’s intellectual property portfolios including the protection and enforcement of those rights; and handling of intellectual property disputes.
Recent Representative Cases:
- Prosecuted numerous utility and design patents on behalf of clients in the mechanical, medical, and light chemical industry.
- Successfully represented utility and design patent Applicants through the United States Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences.
- Represented numerous clients through the international patent filing.
- Is the primary attorney handling all of Jacobson & Johnson’s Trademark matters and has successfully obtained hundreds of trademark registrations for clients in the manufacturing, retail, and medical industries.
- Represented numerous clients in obtaining copyright registration through the United States Copyright Office